Neurophysiology is a specialty involving the study of the activity of nerves in the central and peripheral nervous systems. During a neurophysiological exam, the bioelectrical activity of the brain, nerves, and/or muscles are recorded and analyzed to identify problems and diagnose diseases that affect these structures.
Neurophysiological exams may involve tests for the central nervous system, the peripheral nervous system, or both. These tests are used to discover the underlying issues that lead to problems with movement, balance, dexterity, sensation, weakness, and pain.
Emerald Coast Neurology enter provides the following testing services:
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) and Ambulatory EEG
- EMG (Electromyography) and Nerve Conduction Studies
- VNG (Videonystagmography)
- TCD (Transcranial Doppler)
- VEP (Visual Evoked Potential)
- SSR (Sympathetic Skin Response)
At Emerald Coast Neurology, our physicians Dr. Bear and Dr. Ross are both board certified in neurophysiology.